untitledBCN opened in 2008 with the aim to create opportunities for emerging artists, organizing cultural events and exhibitions involving artists from all around the world.
The aim of untitledBCN is to create synergies between artists living in Barcelona and those from other countries to strengthen and enrich the cultural fabric of the city.
UntitledBCN is not restricted to one single artistic line, we are open to all disciplines and encourage experimentation and research, looking for quality and a high level. For this reason, this year, we are running an open call for 6 experimental and unique exhibitions.
Who can apply for the open call:
- Solo artists
- Any nationality but resident of Barcelona/Catalunya
The aim of the exhibition
The aim of this open call is to choose 6 one-week exhibitions which will be hosted by untitledBCN between October 2013 and August 2014.
- The exhibition will last 7days
- Installation: Friday from 9am-8pm and Saturday from 12pm – 5pm
- Private view: Saturday 7pm
- Opening hours: Monday – Thursday 5pm – 9pm and Friday 5pm – 7pm
- De-installation : Friday 7pm – 9pm
- Promotion will be delivered electronically through the gallery’s mailing list and social networking.
- The details of the private view event are to be organized between untitledBCN and the artist.
The selection of participants will be carried out in association with a committee formed of: Emma Fernandez – Art Historian, Roger Flaquer – director of Antidot Gràfic, Jessica Casey co-director of untitledBCN and Xavier Kaye graduate of Fine Arts and co-founder of untitledBCN. Participants will be evaluated according to the quality of the pieces presented.
Artists interested are required to present a proposal containing:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Specifications / requirements for installation
During the opening of the exhibition we ask the artists to be present and vigilant of their work, during such events there is a high volume of people and the work needs extra supervision. During the following days of the exhibition, the work will be vigilated by staff of untitledBCN.
The gallery is not responsible for any accidental damage, work is not covered by insurance, the artist is responsible for insuring the work, if they see fit.
Within this programme the gallery space and gallery staff time is provided free of charge. Works may be for sale and sales must take place between the artist and buyer directly. No commission will be taken on sales.
Send us an email to email@example.com or fill in the form.